(psst.. I started this post on Saturday…. oops! I really need to get more on top of my posting!)
I decided a couple of weeks ago that I am making it my goal to write at minimum one post a week on my blog. Last year I didn’t do that, and I think it’s an achievable goal. So this week, when I realized I hadn’t taken my camera out at all (what?!), I wasn’t sure what I was going to post. But I then came across a comment that was posted to me from Lisa Patterson at Sea Play Photography, and a big smile came across my face: she nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award!
I love it when I get the email notifications, saying that I have someone commenting on my posts – well, actually, I get super excited when someone simply clicks that they like my post. Someone actually likes my posts, and the photos I put in them?!
So, here are the rules of the award:
- The bloggers awarded must have less than 300 followers
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you by your nominator
- Pose 11 questions for your nominees
- Participation is completely voluntary and is not limited to any genre or writing for that matter. Basically, the blog can be about anything and simply has to be one that you feel is worthy and that you would like to give recognition to by passing it on
And, here are my answers to the questions:
Do you prefer to live by the sea or up in the mountains?
Hmmm…. never really thought of this, as I don’t live near either. But I live in between a lake and an escarpment, so I would have to say mountain, as I love to go hiking through the escarpment whenever I can.
Name one place you have no desire to visit at all?
Australia – I’m sure its a gorgeous country, but it’s never made it to my bucket list. I think its the large amount of creatures that can kill you….
If you could be another creature what do you think you would be?
A horse – I don’t know why, I just love ’em!
Who is your favorite superhero and why?
Another one I have never thought of…. I think I would say Wonder Woman; she dressed up all sexy like, but still could kick any man’s butt!
If someone composed a song about you, what would it’s title be?
“That’s my wife!” – and my husband says its a sitcom, not a song – apparently I do weird and wacky things all the time 🙂
Everyone has had to cook something in their life. What is the best and worst thing you have ever cooked?
I think my best is either my pork roast, or my chili – I get rave reviews on either one. Worst, believe it or not… rice. I can whip up a meal with appetizers, two/three meats, several salads, veggies, and dessert no problem. Throw a side of rice in there – that rice is screwed! Burn it to the pot every time. And I don’t know how, so don’t ask 😉
What is your favorite style of music?
I don’t have just one – it’s pretty much whatever I like, and can sing or dance along to.
Name five people you would invite to dinner.
Chris Hadfield – he’s an amazing astronaut, and quite the photographer!
Gail Vaz-Oxlade – awesome money woman, and an amazing woman who has lived a very interesting life
Barbara Heidenreich – she’s one of the top parrot specialist, and spending an evening talking to her about parrot behaviour would be fascinating
Both of my grandfathers – one died when I was 9, the other when I was in University. Now that I’m a fully mature (hopefully!) adult, I’d really like to get to know them, as opposed to building my opinion on childhood memories, and other family members’ stories
If you could choose ONE person to lead the world, who would that be and why? I wouldn’t even begin to know where to answer this question – I think there are many people who could handle the job, as long as they have a strong team behind them, and very, very, strong morals.
Name one time you were embarrassed beyond words. Oh Lord, I’m embarrassed enough times that I can’t pick just one!
Do you think world peace is possible?
Not unless there’s a situation like in Independence Day, where the human race’s survival is dependent on all of us getting along. Of course, once the threat passed, we’d probably just go right back to the way it was…
Okay, now for the 11 questions I pose. I’ve kept most the same, but have changed a few up:
- Which is better, the summer or winter olympics?
- Name one place you have no desire to visit at all?
- If you could be another creature what do you think you would be?
- If money was no object, what type of work would you do?
- If someone composed a song about you, what would it’s title be?
- Everyone has had to cook something in their life. What is the best and worst thing you have ever cooked?
- What is your favorite style of music?
- Name five people you would invite to dinner.
- You are offered the opportunity to try out a time machine – what era of human history do you wish to experience?
- Name one time you were embarrassed beyond words.
- Do you think world peace is possible?
As for my nominees, drum roll please…..